Saturday, June 20, 2009

Driveway or Dining room

I couldn't help thinking about something I read about Frank Gehry's house, where he purposely makes the visitor ask himself the question "Am I in the house or am I not ?", with the difference that in the restaurant where I was eating at for my last night in Santiago, it was not done one purpose that the driveway was also the dining room, but out of necessity. The fish was extraordinary, certainly with the added lemon and the fried bananas with ketchup were just like fried bananas with ketchup (rather tasteless), which made it all rather funny when the driveway thing was set extra in the spotlight because a home coming car drove between the tables at my side and the other tables, concealing the view to the other customers for a moment.
For the first time since I was in the Dominican Republic, I ate the lettuce without having diarrhea 30 minutes later, which was either an achievement being resistant or the lettuce was being very well cleansed...

No comments:

Post a Comment