Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tootache

An upcoming tootache was the forecast of a new group of visitors for Fata Morgana. They were a bunch of Aspirant Geographical Dentists that joined in a project fro an orphanage in San Pedro de Macoris, a city not so far from Santo Domingo. This gave me the opportunity to show off my knowledge of the region and at the same time move my lazy ass (excuse the language) so I took them on the same trip that I had done with Sooi, towards the "Salta de Limon".
Unlike last time we walked there instead of being walked on the back of a Mule (the locals first told us it was impossible to walk there, although we pretty soon noticed it was a bunch of crap since the guides walked along the horses). Since we, at that time, discovered on the trip that we were paying RD$500 an hour, we turned back at (what I discovered this time) only 1 minute walk from the real spectacle. I also discovered that some ranches organise a horse-back-ride to the falls for as little as RD$400 !
Dominicans that offer services for tourists can't be trusted. It's so bad that even honest Dominicans say "Hey, I'm Dominican, I know, but I'm not a thief"

No comments:

Post a Comment