Monday, October 12, 2009

Shades on, shades off; pants off, pants on...

The feeling that the two Finnish girls I was travelling with wanted to get rid of me, became more solid when we arrived at Bogota, the capital of Colombia (is it?). They met up with a friend they've already known from their previous visit and they didn't even try to see if there was a place to sleep for me too. Somehow glad I was on my own again I found my way into the center of the city in a hostel called "Hospedaje Cacique Sugamuxi". Everytime someone asks me where I'm staying at, I blank out at trying to remember this dragon of a name. It's significantly colder here. It put on my long pants and even a long sleeved T-shirt for the first time in 4 months. It's no surprise as the city lays about 2.300 m above sea-level.
Everyone here has a cell phone, but no-one ever has credit. Some smart-ass Colombians quickly made a business out of this and sell minutes on the streets. Walking around with a big sign, sitting down at a temporary stool or in a permanent place, they have several cell phones secured with chains where you can make calls from. It's a funny sight when people use their own phone to retrieve the phone number to type this in the "public" one.

2 comments:

  1. hoy die scampi.
    Alles naar zin. ben je al verder getrokken ?
    waar zit je nu...
    veel vragen dus laat eens iets horen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonetheless, there are some essential factors that need
    considering before making any selection. There health benefits outnumber their disadvantages, if
    any. There's a color screen option which works the same way as the light bulb but has less of a harsh glare.

    Here is my web blog :: LED Wandleuchten

    ReplyDelete