Friday, November 20, 2009

Average Speed

Finally San Augustin saw enough of me (and so did Laura). I take a colectivo to "la cruz" a road-crossing where the bus for Popayan is supposed to stop. The crossing runs uphill and contains one building which is a store/pub. As usual we're surrounded by green mountains. Groups of people are sitting in the sun waiting for a bus, a taxi, a colectivo or a motorbike to go to various destinations. I chat a little with different people as they arrive and get on their desired vehicle. About two hours later a bus arrives for Popayan, but no seats are left. As I ask the driver, he tells me there is other buses coming. An hour later two taxis drop off 5 more people exactly on the spot where I'm sitting at. They tell me they're going to Coconuco, a place about 2 hours from Popayan and they ask me if I want to come along. The next bus to Popayan also has no seats for us (since now we're six) so we take a taxi to Isnos, a little village 15km further. (I've been here before when I did a tour to see the Archeological park and some waterfalls). A little later, we're waiting for another bus in the centre of Isnos and it has been 5 hours since I left San Augustin. At this speed, I will be in Argentinia way before 2014...

No comments:

Post a Comment